Monday, April 25, 2011

Learning Log 4

I have learnt that backgrounds serve an important role in plays as it gives a suitable atmosphere for the plays. They enhance the mood and make it more realistic. I think that an animated background makes it as if the play was real. I also learnt that one can use cosmetics or make-up to give a person certain looks to portray the character they are playing and the audience can see that clearly just by looking.

One of our good practices is that my friends and I update one another on the Macbeth performance often so as to avoid possible future conflicts. This is also to check and confirm our decisions to prevent unnecessary problems. We also brought some of our props to discuss and check whether they are suitable for the play or not. Our play would have been a disaster, or rather much worse, if we had not even bothered to meet up and discuss.

I feel that my friends had done a good job creating the props for the play as they have cut them out from cardboard and coloured them well. I could see that the colours were smooth and not uneven and I was impressed. Their shapes were also nicely cut out and not bumpy, which I thought they had put in effort.

I think that my group could have done a better job. We should have used materials resembling witches' outfit to give us the appearance of typical witches. Hand gestures could also have made the play more interesting. I should have considered the speed of the video as well as the speed of my friends' delivery in speech to create a smooth flow. Hats and old rags could have also helped us give the audience the impression of witches instead of three ordinary students with "dandruff" and black outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment